Sunday, April 8, 2007

...

What can I write? I feel speechless and somewhat drained of emotion. It's as if I've spent most of it on the second half of that anime I have been watching the past couple of days: Kanon, the 2006 remake by Kyoto Animation to be exact.

And it seemed like an innocent harem anime in the beginning too... except there was no slapstick humour and its male lead was not a klutz. He was just asshole enough for his harem to react in interesting and entertaining ways. I am no anime blogger and I won't spoil this for you. But heed this warning and don't take it too lightly. If you decide to watch this show, enjoy the first half of laughter and general lightness, but don't let it fool you: soon a series of character centric story arcs will emerge, each sadder than the previous one, gradually working towards a final, devastating attack on your male (if you are male, that is) ego with the obvious goal of making you empty your lacrimal sac under the pressure of overwhelming sadness.

I am spent. I am glad I watched this and I am starting to realize how much I regret having seen it all already. What a ride.. :) Oh! Maybe I should not mention it, but yes, it has a happy end.

No comments: